Saturday, August 14, 2010

Bringing life to this blog

I've been beating around the bush for the past couple of years with this blog. My initial premise was to tell stories on this blog about a mom of two that has challenged herself, not only for her personal satisfaction, but also to become a better example for her children and that premise is simple: when you put your mind to something you can eventually make it happen.

I've always wanted to be a journalist. Initially, when I started this journey into journalism, I wanted to be a war correspondent. Needless to say, it didn't turn out that way - it happens a lot to me. I plan for anything, going to doctors appointments, parties, going out, saving money....etc, and destiny takes a hold of the steering wheel and makes a sharp turn.

After years of wanting to get into this world of journalism 20 years passed by and I finally made it...and thank goodness I didn't give up! I was miserable at times, frustrated, and honestly didn't think I would get to the finish line. But I did. And I'm happy.

Now, another chapter begins. I started this blog in 2007 and then abandoned it. It's mid 2010 and I've decided that enough with my self imposed writers block. I want to tell stories, of my white picket fence life, my hilarious children (I think they inherited that sharp sense of humor from me!), of my all the experiences I have thanks to my wonderful job, and of what I learn from the people I meet along the way.

So this is it....hold tight! Alot of experimentation on the way....

No comments: